One of the biggest reasons and benefits for an Internet business owner is the ability to run your business regardless of wherever you are.
However, the challenge is most people starting out their online business aren’t doing it right. What I mean is, they are creating jobs for themselves instead of creating a business.
To help you get your Internet business up and running successfully, here are the tools and resources you need.
If you want to get any website in front of public, the first thing you do is you need a web hosting service provider to host your website.
If you are looking for good value for money, then use HostGator web hosting.
Besides other features and goodies they offer, the best thing about it is that they have a 1-click installation of scripts like WordPress. I host a number of my smaller sites on Hostgator. Easy to use and great customer service.
Once you have signed up for hosting, you need to register for a domain name i.e. – a .COM, NET.ORG etc.
The domain registrar I’d recommend is Namecheap.
A lot of people register their domains with GoDaddy. The drawback with GoDaddy is that it has full control over your domain in cases where someone makes a complaint, such as accusing you of spam, it’s very unlikely you will get your domain back. That’s what makes Namecheap different.
To start accepting payments from customers, you need a payment processor.
This is the most popular payment processor on the web. It is accepted in almost all countries. You can sign up for free here
A leading payment processor for digital products. Signing up is free, but if you want to start selling products using Clickbank, there’s a one-time fee of just $49.95 to activate your account.
The advantage of Clickbank is that it has a built-in affiliate program system. This means that people can promote your products without you do anything. Click here to sign up.
This is another great payment processor.
Once you’ve established your Internet business, you may want to consider adding 2Checkout as a payment method as some people can’t pay via Paypal.
To open a 2Checkout account, all you need to do is sign up and pay a one-time fee of just $49, and you can start selling. It also has a built-in affiliate program so that others can promote your products and earn commissions.
Product Management Systems
To enhance the performance of your Internet business, you can manage all your products by using this script. Here are the features:
- Built-in shopping cart
- Ability to create membership sites
- Protect and secure download links
- Calculates sales conversions
- Mailing list feature
- Integrates with Paypal, Clickbank, 2Checkout and most major payment processors.
Click here to get DLGuard
Warrior Plus is an all-in-one system which allows you to sell products through the Warrior Forum using their tools.
You can let Warrior Plus to features your product in their marketplace, resulting in dozens of affiliates wanting to promote your product!
JVZoo works like Warrior Plus except you can also sell on your own site, not just the Warrior Forum.
It’s free but they do take a % fee out of every sale you make. But when you look at the benefits of the system, it sure is worth it.
You can setup as many products, auto delivery to customers, start an affiliate program plus much, much more! Click here to sign up.
Support Desk Systems
Kayako is a customer support ticketing software. You install it on your site so that customers can submit support tickets for the products/services you offer. You can download a free 30 day trial here
Alternatively, if you want a free support ticketing software for your Internet business, try osTicket. It’s not as powerful as Kayako support, but it’s good for starters, download it here
This is another free support desk software that you can install on your server. It’s easy to use just like the way it should be! Go here learn more about this product.
AWeber – the most widely used autoresponder used by online marketers and business organizations.
- Easily send your newsletters
- Easily build your opt-in list
- Manage your subscribers in one place
- Load your autoresponder sequence
- Easily track your emails
- High deliverability rate meaning you’ll get more messages delivered to your subscribers, and much more.
I personally prefer AWeber. Click here to start building your list.
Before creating any product or breaking into a niche, you need to first research the market.
There are four main factors to look for:
1. Whether the market has high traffic
2. If the market has buyers
3. The market shouldn’t be saturated or too competitive
4. Will the market grow in the long run? If it’s just a trend or fad, it probably won’t last long.
Here are some useful keyword tools to use to research your market.
- Google’s Keyword Planner
- SEOBook’s Keyword Suggestion Tool
- Google’s Trends – What’s hot? What’s being searched a lot?
- Spy on your online competitors and download competitors’ keywords and Adwords
- Use LongTailPro to find profitable keywords faster than ever before, it probably one of the best keyword research software out there.
Whether you are a writer or a plumber, you can create information products using the tools below.
To capture your screen and record video tutorials, I highly recommend you grab yourself a copy of Camtasia Studio. With this software, you can start creating video products to demonstrate to your audiences towards how to do certain things.
This is for Mac users only. With ScreenFlow you can record the contents of your entire monitor while also capturing your video camera, microphone and your computer audio.
If you don’t have Microsoft Office, this is a great alternative. It’s free.
You can create documents, make PDF’s, worksheets. Databases, keynotes and more by using OpenOffice
Use FreePDFConvert to quickly and easily convert your documents to PDF. There’s nothing to install. You just use it on their website.
- KompoZer – Use KompoZer to build your websites. It’s free to download
- Dreamweaver – For a more powerful website builder, try Adobe Dreamweaver
- FileZilla – Free software for uploading your web page files to your web host. Download it here
Canva – An online graphic design platform. It offers free access to a wide assortment of design tools and options, as well as premium options for paying customers.
- The GIMP – This software allows you to create and edit images.
- Free Stock Photos – Free stock photos for all your design needs
- Pixlr – Online photo editor.
Productivity and Management
- LastPass Password Manager – A time-saving tool. It remembers your passwords so you don’t have to. It’s free to use.
- Basecamp – A very clean and easy to use project management tool.
- Trello – A awesome tool to track & get your life, work, projects, grocery, to do stuff & everything organized.
- Asana – Similar to Basecamp, Asana is a site where you can manage your projects and collaborate your work with other members. It’s free to join. You can share files, edit documents, collaborate in real time and manage tasks.
Testing, Tracking & Analytics
- Google Analytics – Analytics shows comprehensive stats on where you are getting traffic from, how much traffic your site generated and more. All you need to do is install a few lines of code to the web page you’d like to track, and it starts tracking immediately.
- Compete – Discover stats about your website or anyone else’s
If you want to free up your time, if you want to run a real business and grow your business, you should definitely consider outsourcing.
It is the fact that you can’t do everything by yourself. There are people around the world who are experts at what they do, like designing graphics, writing content, answering emails, traffic generation and more.
Check on the sites below to start outsourcing some of your projects today:
- OnlineJobs – A great job seeking web site where you can find skilled workers from the Philipines. This is a great place to find virtual assistants.
- BestJobs– Very similar to onlinejobs.ph. I would recommend you try both.
- UpWork – Find freelancers to tackle any job, any size at any time. Hire freelancers with confidence, always knowing their work experience and feedback from other clients.
- eScriptionist – If you want to transcribe your work, you can use their services.
- 48HrBooks– Use their service to get your book printed. They will print and bind your books within 2 business days.
- Public domain content – It offers over 50,000 free ebooks: choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online.
- WordPress Blog – WordPress is the most popular blogging platform. This version is for those who’d like to install it onto their own server.
- WordPress Hosted Blog – This version is freely hosted by WordPress.com. You can register for free
- Blogger – Blogger is an easy-to-use blogging site. You can sign up for free and start to blogging.
As an Internet business owner, it is important to have a blog and update it consistently.
- StuidoPress WordPress Theme – Those powerful, flexible, beautiful, elegant and premium WordPress themes defenitely help your Internet business and take your blog to the next level. They are used by thousands of bloggers, companies and organizations.
As you can see, run a successful Internet business isn’t rocket science, but it can be quite challenging to implement. Expect to encounter roadblocks and go through lots of trial and error. Once you have a recipe for success, though, all you will have to do is rinse and repeat to see the kind of audience and business growth you’ve always dreamed of.